Announcement

No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of game features would players pay to see developed?

I'd personally like to see the mentor system and the mercenary cat system remade. The mentor system was meant to encourage high levels to interact with low levels but unless there is a security measure placed for multi client (I don't think this should happen) it kind of destroys the system, as most people would rather just create some alts to collect medals. The main benefit being extra combat time and pet adventure coupons on demand.

The cat mercenary system was great in the beginning, especially with how you could upgrade your cat's skills and equipment. I was disappointed to see that the system and ai were not developed any further than what it currently is. It still works but is starting to feel out dated.

I would want to see the cat mercenary system replaced with 2 ai companions that unlock somehow whether through questing or reaching a certain levels. Maybe we could use the other 2 slots in our account to create these ai party members now that our combat time is shared anyway, I haven't not found much use for it now that the combat time is shared.

In my idea they should be levelable and customizable and follows a similar character growth system that our main character follows. To add depth to this I'd recommend allowing players to choose what kind of ai party member they want.

They should come in different Race/size/element/class. This would effectively create a new system for us to play end game. As we would need to not only gear our main character but also recruit and train our ai party members.

This could also add something for the games questing system. Quests could be made to obtain different ai companions based on their in game decisions and develop their ai into something unique to their play style. Basically giving us a roster of ai to collect, gear and level to swap in and out of our party like we do with cards on equipment. This would have the potential to become as powerful as the rune, aesir, oracle mirror etc growth systems.

Sometimes I meet in game characters that I think would be the perfect rewards as a ai that joins your party after their questline is complete, maybe based on your decisions there could be multiple ai to end up with in one story line. Like Seyren and his team, Cenia and Gadan that cool little ai student quest. Or laurel the mage. I feel like these characters would be great to use for this new mercenary / party system.

The questing system is definitely improving. I'm in the early stages of comodo, ecalage and soul hunting grounds right now and the new content is where I drew some of these ideas from.

What would you all like to see developed in the RO M? Share your thoughts
    Last edited by ophunter; 08-15-2022, 02:32 AM.
Working...
X