Announcement

No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old player coming back to the game

I'm a player of ROM that played for about 8 months around 2019 and I wanted to know, how's the game right now? I wanted to ask because I'm probably starting anew considering that my characters are gone from my main account (I don't know why tho, if somebody can explain, I'd be very grateful!) and basically the game (from some videos that I've seem) seems like another one from the time I've played...

I mean, not in a bad way, it was just that I was very accostumed to the Original RO and the ROM was pretty much a better version of it with old and some new things that made a comfortable place for an old RO player and wow, the ROM now seems to have so many more things than the original pc RO that seems like really another game if compared to it xD

So, could anyone say how much it has changed from that time? I remember that we were still at 3rd classes and such, have the 4th classes come to the game? Is the game still lore-focused as it was before? How is it to be a f2p player in this new ROM 2.0? I remember that each month we'd get 2 gacha items which would give 1% atk/matk each when deposited and that was making more apparent the differences of f2p and p2w players, how's that nowadays?

After all this I'd like to thanks everybody for the answers, I'm sure it'll help me out getting situated into the game right now ^^

Originally posted by SimonPetrikov View Post
    I wanted to ask because I'm probably starting anew considering that my characters are gone from my main account (I don't know why tho, if somebody can explain, I'd be very grateful!)
    Make sure that you have chosen "Eternal Love" from the server dropdown list upon opening the game.
    IIRC, it's "Memory of Faith" by default now for new installations.

I remember that we were still at 3rd classes and such, have the 4th classes come to the game?
    Yes, there are 4th jobs now but they are vastly different from the kRO 4th jobs since ROM released their own version before kRO even did.
    Each of them got nice lore so if you're into that, it's actually very interesting.
    There also have been Expanded Jobs added into the game. Currently: Super Novice, Ninja and Gunslinger.

There also have been 3 collab jobs that have passed you by:
    • Ronin for Knights
    • Wataru for Blacksmiths
    • Slayers for Wizards
    Since these are collaboration exclusive, they are no longer obtainable in any way as of now. (Unlikely for them to make reruns, but who knows)

Is the game still lore-focused as it was before?
    This one's a hit and miss for me.
    There are some *meh* lores and there are some good ones.
    They still do have decent references from the original manhwa but of course they had to make their own twists to make it work with the ongoing storylines.
    The ongoing story right now is a side story in Comodo.

How is it to be a f2p player in this new ROM 2.0? I remember that each month we'd get 2 gacha items which would give 1% atk/matk each when deposited and that was making more apparent the differences of f2p and p2w players, how's that nowadays?
    Powercreep is powercreep, can't do anything about this.
    The gap just went on further and further.
    But there are those who are lucky enough to get those 1% deposits every month with just their free tix, soo... yeaa.
    To me, it's just a matter of play against your same level. But if you want to be competitive as an f2p, you'd have to be more creative.
    Whales are hard to beat but aren't undefeatable~

-- cremisi of Sanctuary --

Comment

I'm a player of ROM that played for about 8 months around 2019 and I wanted to know, how's the game right now? I wanted to ask because I'm probably (1) starting anew considering that my characters are gone from my main account (I don't know why tho, if somebody can explain, I'd be very grateful!) and basically the game (from some videos that I've seem) seems (2)like another one from the time I've played...

I mean, not in a bad way, it was just that I was very accostumed to the Original RO and the ROM was pretty much a better version of it with old and some new things that made a comfortable place for an old RO player and wow, the ROM now seems to have so many more things than the original pc RO that seems like really another game if compared to it xD

So, could anyone say how much it has changed from that time? I remember that we were still at 3rd classes and such, (3) have the 4th classes come to the game? (4)Is the game still lore-focused as it was before? (5)How is it to be a f2p player in this new ROM 2.0? (6) I remember that each month we'd get 2 gacha items which would give 1% atk/matk each when deposited and that was making more apparent the differences of f2p and p2w players, how's that nowadays?

After all this I'd like to thanks everybody for the answers, I'm sure it'll help me out getting situated into the game right now ^^
      This web is one of the best places to know, is official and very useful https://sea.ragnaroketernallove.com/en/news/updates
      1. The best update for you was RO 2.0, read it and you can 4th classes like... in one hour
      2. Is very different, now the new players/returned have a lot to level up, new stories ... It changes, in a good way, a lot.
      3. Like I say in 1, yes, we have 4th classes and there are some videos for that. Very recommended seeing them.
      4. There is more main history. There are 6-8 mayor updates each with one main history at least and someone with two.
      5. Very easy: new methods to level, new systems, and now account combat time (27th August patch)
      6. The whales continue with the difference, the gachas dont change: 2 each month but the zeny are very high in the last maps.
      If you enjoy the game before, now is more easy to do the same.
      Last edited by Arnaisz; 10-27-2021, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cremisi View Post
        Make sure that you have chosen "Eternal Love" from the server dropdown list upon opening the game.
        IIRC, it's "Memory of Faith" by default now for new installations.
        Ooh, I see, indeed I was choosing the wrong server

Yes, there are 4th jobs now but they are vastly different from the kRO 4th jobs since ROM released their own version before kRO even did.
        Each of them got nice lore so if you're into that, it's actually very interesting.
        There also have been Expanded Jobs added into the game. Currently: Super Novice, Ninja and Gunslinger.

There also have been 3 collab jobs that have passed you by:
        • Ronin for Knights
        • Wataru for Blacksmiths
        • Slayers for Wizards
        Since these are collaboration exclusive, they are no longer obtainable in any way as of now. (Unlikely for them to make reruns, but who knows)
        And I see, so it seems ROM got their 4th classes before original RO and since that happened, the 4th classes in kRO are quite different from the ones in RO, I see, I see (btw, never thought there would be collab classes, that's really interestin! Although I won't be able to get Slayer on my Warlock, but it's still interesting)

This one's a hit and miss for me.
        There are some *meh* lores and there are some good ones.
        They still do have decent references from the original manhwa but of course they had to make their own twists to make it work with the ongoing storylines.
        The ongoing story right now is a side story in Comodo.
        I've taken a look on my questbook and it seems I practically only finished until the Prologue quests (there's still one more to finish and get the rewards), even though I remember doing a loooooot of quests back then (I suppose I did a lot of side quests it seems xD). And well, the explanations on the questbook really reminded of the main quests I've done, so I haven't lost much since it explains really well about it, methinks

Powercreep is powercreep, can't do anything about this.
        The gap just went on further and further.
        But there are those who are lucky enough to get those 1% deposits every month with just their free tix, soo... yeaa.
        To me, it's just a matter of play against your same level. But if you want to be competitive as an f2p, you'd have to be more creative.
        Whales are hard to beat but aren't undefeatable~
        Dang, that's harsh, it was kind of one of the reasons I stopped playing, but after seeing some things, I might overlook this and simply play for the quests/do things to make my character cool/cute xD

Comment

Originally posted by Arnaisz View Post
          This web is one of the best places to know, is official and very useful https://sea.ragnaroketernallove.com/en/news/updates
          1. The best update for you was RO 2.0, read it and you can 4th classes like... in one hour
          2. Is very different, now the new players/returned have a lot to level up, new stories ... It changes, in a good way, a lot.
          3. Like I say in 1, yes, we have 4th classes and there are some videos for that. Very recommended seeing them.
          4. There is more main history. There are 6-8 mayor updates each with one main history at least and someone with two.
          5. Very easy: new methods to level, new systems, and now account combat time (27th August patch)
          6. The whales continue with the difference, the gachas dont change: 2 each month but the zeny are very high in the last maps.
          If you enjoy the game before, now is more easy to do the same.
          Thanks for the site! I'll check out to see the news that the game has gotten and such

I saw that from the Criatura Academia, you can get your character to lvl 120 and get some other things there, can I do that with the character I already have? (lvl 100 Warlock) or can I only do that if the character is new? I kinda wanted to know since it seems you get a lot of things from that and the catch-up system... And well, I still want to continue using my Warlock since I've spent a good amount of time playing and farming with him so...

I'll check out that 27th August patch to make sure I understand well what you said means, because from what I understood, it seems like the characters on your account share your stamina time? Is that take correct? If so, then it's not worth it to put other characters to farm maps as before? Considering that my main account already have 3 characters created and all of the 3 have already lvl 80+ xD

Comment

I saw that from the Criatura Academia, you can get your character to lvl 120 and get some other things there, can I do that with the character I already have? (lvl 100 Warlock) or can I only do that if the character is new? I kinda wanted to know since it seems you get a lot of things from that and the catch-up system... And well, I still want to continue using my Warlock since I've spent a good amount of time playing and farming with him so...
            IIRC, you can't take the instant level up for characters that are already in 3rd job phase.
            But you can still take the Growth Book once you hit lv120.
            Another QOL is that you can start changing to 4th job once you hit jlvl60 on your 3rd job (you still have 20 more job levels to go but you'll get that anyway if you farm on main char which you would still do coz 4th job skills are obtained via a non-leveling but farming method)

I'll check out that 27th August patch to make sure I understand well what you said means, because from what I understood, it seems like the characters on your account share your stamina time? Is that take correct? If so, then it's not worth it to put other characters to farm maps as before? Considering that my main account already have 3 characters created and all of the 3 have already lvl 80+ xD
            This would depend on whether you can farm on your main char efficiently in the Comodo maps (or well, Wasteland maps).
            If still not efficient, farming on alt chars is still okay.
            And well... you'll be leveling up your main char so it's most likely the char you'd be farming on with anyway 😅
            *unless you have someone who'll let you leech*

-- cremisi of Sanctuary --

Comment

IIRC, you can't take the instant level up for characters that are already in 3rd job phase.
              But you can still take the Growth Book once you hit lv120.
              Another QOL is that you can start changing to 4th job once you hit jlvl60 on your 3rd job (you still have 20 more job levels to go but you'll get that anyway if you farm on main char which you would still do coz 4th job skills are obtained via a non-leveling but farming method)
              Oh I see, tbh I really took the Growth Book on a character on another server, because I thought it'd be best if I let the ones I had go, since I haven't accomplished much and kinda wanted to start again being completely f2p tbh (since I paid like 30 bucks for that account to get changing jobs on my main character, but I didn't even go far with it anyways so it's pretty fine)

This would depend on whether you can farm on your main char efficiently in the Comodo maps (or well, Wasteland maps).
              If still not efficient, farming on alt chars is still okay.
              And well... you'll be leveling up your main char so it's most likely the char you'd be farming on with anyway 😅
              *unless you have someone who'll let you leech*
              Honestly, I'm not exactly sure where to farm from lvl 120 and on, considering that lvl 120 was max level when I stopped playing, but seeing nome videos from Miss Maven and BlueBerries gave me kind of an idea on which spots to take on, it's just a bit weird about creating new characters now since the Stamina is for the whole account now instead of being for each character, so it kinda beats up the point of having new characters methinks (since mostly I used them to farm low level materials and some other things) but I'll check out if that's a good approach or not to it (only having a single character). Thanks for the help again!

Comment

Oh I see, tbh I really took the Growth Book on a character on another server, because I thought it'd be best if I let the ones I had go, since I haven't accomplished much and kinda wanted to start again being completely f2p tbh (since I paid like 30 bucks for that account to get changing jobs on my main character, but I didn't even go far with it anyways so it's pretty fine)

Honestly, I'm not exactly sure where to farm from lvl 120 and on, considering that lvl 120 was max level when I stopped playing, but seeing nome videos from Miss Maven and BlueBerries gave me kind of an idea on which spots to take on, it's just a bit weird about creating new characters now since the Stamina is for the whole account now instead of being for each character, so it kinda beats up the point of having new characters methinks (since mostly I used them to farm low level materials and some other things) but I'll check out if that's a good approach or not to it (only having a single character). Thanks for the help again!
                You can use the Academia if you selected class is not 3rd like Cremisi say. Your warlock can't (already 3rd class), your other classes? When Academia arrives some guildmates purchase other classes and use the Academia to have a relative solid class without spend time. And is one for account, in the other server you have different account.
                To farm, pick in Prontera near the South a messenger to go to Louyang, when you can move go south (ignore main quest) and talk to an NPC in the south entrance of Flower Street (don't know the SEA name). This map (Wasteland) is the best place to farm experience because some bonus from the Yggdrasil that increments a lot the things you can obtain: loot, experiences, etc.
                Last edited by Arnaisz; 10-28-2021, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X