Announcement

No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA Ninja Buff

Out of the three builds for Ninja (Shuri, Ninjutsu, Sword), AA sword is the most underwhelming. It requires a handbook to be viable and is too squishy for a melee class. Other AA melee classes have skills to deal with the problems of being an AA melee class and I hope devs tweak the build for more survivability and make it easier to achieve decent damage.

One problem is that the damage calculations of the skills for AA ninja are pretty split. Instead of focusing on one or two of these, we'd have to invest on all to get decent DPS

AA dmg -> flowing blade
    crit dmg -> flowing blade, flowing shadow heart, shadow warrior
    ign def -> shadow warrior, ultimate chop
    skill dmg -> flowing shadow heart, shadow warrior

I think three small changes that would help a lot damage-wise are:
    1. Make shadow warrior crits ignore defense
    2. Make shadow warrior scale with AA as well (if #1 is implemented, I don't think this is needed)
    3. Switch flowing shadow heart to an AA so it procs effects that trigger on AA, currently only procs shadow warrior
    4. Fix aoe range on flowing shadow heart, it doesn't seem to hit targets that are too close to you

Basically just getting rid of the need to invest into skill dmg and lowering the potential buff of investing on ignore defense.

As for added survivability, using swords already gives added survivability but I feel like it's still lacking since we have no control over dying unlike RMs and SBX. I do see what they wanted to do with Cicada in having it passive and have no trigger cooldown but I think having it manually triggered or passively triggered but with a cooldown would be more useful.

Some small changes I think would help add more survivability:
    1. Add a weapon block skill for sword or have a passive chance of blocking attacks implemented into the sword skill that increases damage with swords
    2. Give more max HP when wielding swords
    3. Lengthen invulnerabilty of shadow leap
    4. Have flowing shadow heart cancellable

I like that the Ninja playstyle requires us to play more sneakily but we need to have added survivability when already engaging. The most OP dmg buff we could get is have the fixed aspd removed but I can see why they removed that because of the shadow warrior burst. Maybe they could add a buff skill that temporarily breaks the fixed aspd, that would be nice I think, just so AA can function as breakers as well. Right now AA sword ninja doesn't excel in any game mode. If you're looking for DPS, both shuriken and magic are better and much safer. Utility-wise, magic is the best.

These are all based on my opinions and might or might not be the buffs we need but feel free to share your thoughts as well. Hoping we can get some AA ninja support because we were snubbed recently with the ninja cards they introduced.

Wow. This is such an awesome read. I totally agree. I really wish the devs take notice of this,

Comment

Haven't really tested but how does Shadow Warrior relies on crit damage and then ignore def too? Doesn't crit damage ignore def completely? or is this skill the same as doram crits?

Comment

Originally posted by shiratori79 View Post
        Haven't really tested but how does Shadow Warrior relies on crit damage and then ignore def too? Doesn't crit damage ignore def completely? or is this skill the same as doram crits?
        It's like the doram crit which only increases damage but doesn't ignore defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiriisame View Post

It's like the doram crit which only increases damage but doesn't ignore defense.
          How about the flowing shadow heart? How does this bypass def?

Edit: Ah nvm, maybe it takes the damage of flowing blade, which is based on AA? Correct me if I'm wrong.
          Last edited by shiratori79; 03-23-2021, 05:53 PM.

Comment

The crits of flowing shadow heart ignore def just like a normal AA crit 😁

Comment

Ninja supposed to be the job that auto dodge damages without the use of 'flee' stat It is sad that is not adopted from the RO classic meta

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxximus View Post
                Ninja supposed to be the job that auto dodge damages without the use of 'flee' stat It is sad that is not adopted from the RO classic meta
                correct they removed cause they sense that it is too OP. and the Final strike. they remove. Now they tried to boost Shurikens by adding cards and AA by letting the clone copy the skills that they have on their manual and auto skill slot

Comment

Originally posted by lightray03 View Post

correct they removed cause they sense that it is too OP. and the Final strike. they remove. Now they tried to boost Shurikens by adding cards and AA by letting the clone copy the skills that they have on their manual and auto skill slot
                  Yeah, auto dodge with backslide would've been too OP so I'm fine with Cicada being an anti-fatal skill but I just hope they make it more reliable.

As for final strike, it would've been cool to have it as well but I'm happy with the AA build. I hoped clones had a better impact on AA though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiriisame View Post

Yeah, auto dodge with backslide would've been too OP so I'm fine with Cicada being an anti-fatal skill but I just hope they make it more reliable.

As for final strike, it would've been cool to have it as well but I'm happy with the AA build. I hoped clones had a better impact on AA though.
                    Just try it again once this maintenance is done.

Comment

https://forum.ragnaroketernallove.co...ja-aa-feedback

Wrote a post on feedback, hope they see this! Read it if you have time 😁

Comment

Working...
                      X